Would you like to help change someone’s life? There are numerous opportunities to make a difference. If you are interested in volunteering at Grandview, please contact us.
We are also looking for someone to fill the following job opening:
Substance Abuse Technician is responsible for helping to facilitate clients through their daily programing schedules in a residential substance abuse setting. Day-to-day responsibilities may vary.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Core duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Monitor client’s behaviors and assist client’s needs during shift.
- Complete environmental rounds as needed.
- Inspect medication area as needed.
- Document observations/milieu interventions in client’s electronic/paper records.
- Complete daily shift log.
- Conduct AMA prevention and crisis intervention with immediate notification to Program Manager.
- Ensure safety of all clients through regular house checks and client rounds.
- Conduct UA drug screen as directed.
- Facilitate accountability for clients in maintaining room and facility cleanliness.
- Participate in staff meetings, team meetings and in-service trainings.
- Checking and responding to company email every shift to ensure company wide communication.
- Maintain ethical boundaries with clients.
- Process newly admitted clients in accordance with company procedures including processing client property search and ensure that consent for treatment has been completed.
- Process a discharging client in accordance with company procedures and documenting in client chart as needed.
- Supervising the self-administration of medication as needed.
- Comply with HIPAA and other mandates regarding client care and confidentiality.
- Special Projects as needed.
Required Education and Experience:
- One or more years of verifiable experience in residential substance abuse treatment required.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of substance abuse related issues and the recovery process.
- Knowledge of the recovery field including the recovery practices and the 12-step process.
- Ability to maintain ethical and professional boundaries with clients and staff members.
- Knowledge of the process and signs of acute withdrawal from substances.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications.
- Knowledge of HIPAA regulations and guidelines.
- Must be organized, detail oriented, and have the ability to multitask.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- 1-2 years’ experience in the field of recovery.
- Computer Literacy in doc, spreadsheet, and email.
- Proficiency with SAPC documentation.
Certificates & Licenses:
- CPR/First AID
- Drug and Alcohol Counseling Credential
- Negative TB test results within past year
- Medical Clearance to work within past year
- Ability to pass pre-employment and random drug screenings
Job Type: Full-time
- field of recovery: 1 year (Required)
- RADT (Required) CADC preferred
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 to $16.00 /hour
- Substance Abuse Treatment: 1 year (Required)
- RADT (Required) CADC preferred (Required)
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Weekends required
- Holidays required
- Day shift
- Night shift
- 8 hour shift
Grandview Foundation has a need for a full-time Licensed Vocational Nurse. Experience working with START-ODS (county) patients a plus.
The LVN works directly with Grandview’s Medical Director and treatment team to ensure proper medication management. Serves as the agency’s liaison with medical professionals.
This is a Full-Time, Monday-Friday position with occasional weekend or evening attendance required.
Essential job duties
Client Drug and Alcohol Testing: Will be manage routine Urinalysis (UA), Breathalyzer testing and preparing of lab sheet and testing materials in compliance with GVF UA testing policy and procedure.
Medication Monitoring: Observes and documents clients’ self-administering of medications as defined by the companies Policies and Procedures manual.
Client Health and Safety Check: Daily monitoring, documenting and reporting of client vitals.
Communication: Serve as the liaison between GVF and outside prescribing professionals to ensure accurate and timely delivery of information
Medical Appointments: Assist’s patients with medically necessary appointments
This position is best filled by individuals who are patient, flexible, detail oriented, organized, able to adapt to changing priorities, has strong interpersonal skills and is familiar with medication side effects.
- Licensed Vocational Nurse
- CPR/First Aid Certification
- Valid CA Driver’s License
- If in recovery, there is a two-year minimum requirement
- This position requires that the employee be able to walk up and down stairs and lift 20 lbs.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Depending on experience.